[ANN] Groovy-Eclipse 2.1.0.RC1 Released

We have just released Groovy-Eclipse 2.1.0.RC1.  This release includes
better ordering for content assist proposals, type inferencing for
generic types, and fixes for 40 issues.

You can find the details on the New and Noteworthy page:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.1.0RC1+New+and+Noteworthy

The update sites for Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6 are:

http://dist.springsource.org/milestone/GRECLIPSE/e3.6/
http://dist.springsource.org/milestone/GRECLIPSE/e3.5/

Please try this out.  Your feedback is greatly apprecieated.

Andrew

Re: [ANN] Groovy-Eclipse 2.1.0.RC1 Released

burtbeckwith
I'm confused about the named parameter content assist. That only makes sense for constructors right? You can't pass a Map to a method that expects individual parameters.

Burt

> Hi all,
>
> We have just released Groovy-Eclipse 2.1.0.RC1.  This release includes
> better ordering for content assist proposals, type inferencing for
> generic types, and fixes for 40 issues.
>
> You can find the details on the New and Noteworthy page:
>
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.1.0RC1+New+and+Noteworthy
>
> The update sites for Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6 are:
>
> http://dist.springsource.org/milestone/GRECLIPSE/e3.6/
> http://dist.springsource.org/milestone/GRECLIPSE/e3.5/
>
> Please try this out.  Your feedback is greatly apprecieated.
>
> Andrew

Re: [ANN] Groovy-Eclipse 2.1.0.RC1 Released

Andrew Eisenberg
You're right.  This should only be applied to constructors.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-839

The main consumer of this feature will be the Grails tooling for
supporting the constraints DSL.

--a