[ANN] Groovy-Eclipse 2.8.0 released!

Andrew Eisenberg-2
Hi all,

The Groovy-Eclipse team is proud to release 2.8.0.  Read all the details here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.8.0+New+and+Noteworthy

Some highlights:
1. Improved memory footprint
2. Improved performance
3. Editor templates
4. groovy-eclipse-compiler for maven improvements
5. 98 bugs fixed in this release

To use, you can install from an update site.

For Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler):
http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e4.3/

 For Eclipse 3.8 and 4.2 (Juno):
http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e4.2/

For Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo):
http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e3.7/

Please send feedback on the mailing list or raise an issue:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE

RE: [ANN] Groovy-Eclipse 2.8.0 released!

Skeptic .
Thanks goodnes, finally getting rid of these phanthom "import errors" (and 2.1 support of course!)

Re: [ANN] Groovy-Eclipse 2.8.0 released!

Vladimír Oraný
Many thanks!

2013/7/9 Ske ptic <[hidden email]>
Thanks goodnes, finally getting rid of these phanthom "import errors" (and 2.1 support of course!)

Re: [groovy-user] [ANN] Groovy-Eclipse 2.8.0 released!

Jonathan Ozik
Andrew,

First of all, thank you for this update.
I'm having trouble with custom dsld files that live in jars on the project classpath not showing up in the Groovy -> DSLD preference pane. They used to show up before I moved to Kepler and the latest Groovy Eclipse plugin. Do you know why this might be happening or where I might look for troubleshooting?

Jonathan

On Jul 9, 2013, at 12:09 PM, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The Groovy-Eclipse team is proud to release 2.8.0.  Read all the details here:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.8.0+New+and+Noteworthy
>
> Some highlights:
> 1. Improved memory footprint
> 2. Improved performance
> 3. Editor templates
> 4. groovy-eclipse-compiler for maven improvements
> 5. 98 bugs fixed in this release
>
> To use, you can install from an update site.
>
> For Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler):
> http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e4.3/
>
> For Eclipse 3.8 and 4.2 (Juno):
> http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e4.2/
>
> For Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo):
> http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e3.7/
>
> Please send feedback on the mailing list or raise an issue:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE

Re: [groovy-user] [ANN] Groovy-Eclipse 2.8.0 released!

Jonathan Ozik
It turned out to be an import that was no longer visible (org.objectweb.asm.Opcodes), so the dsld loading silently failed.

Jonathan

On Jul 10, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Jonathan Ozik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> First of all, thank you for this update.
> I'm having trouble with custom dsld files that live in jars on the project classpath not showing up in the Groovy -> DSLD preference pane. They used to show up before I moved to Kepler and the latest Groovy Eclipse plugin. Do you know why this might be happening or where I might look for troubleshooting?
>
> Jonathan
>

> On Jul 9, 2013, at 12:09 PM, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The Groovy-Eclipse team is proud to release 2.8.0.  Read all the details here:
>> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.8.0+New+and+Noteworthy
>>
>> Some highlights:
>> 1. Improved memory footprint
>> 2. Improved performance
>> 3. Editor templates
>> 4. groovy-eclipse-compiler for maven improvements
>> 5. 98 bugs fixed in this release
>>
>> To use, you can install from an update site.
>>
>> For Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler):
>> http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e4.3/
>>
>> For Eclipse 3.8 and 4.2 (Juno):
>> http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e4.2/
>>
>> For Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo):
>> http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e3.7/
>>
>> Please send feedback on the mailing list or raise an issue:
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE

Re: [groovy-user] [ANN] Groovy-Eclipse 2.8.0 released!

Andrew Eisenberg
Usually if your dsld is not working, you can get some good reasons why
by opening up the groovy even console.  See here:
http://groovy.codehaus.org/Groovy-Eclipse+2.1.1+New+and+Noteworthy#Groovy-Eclipse211NewandNoteworthy-GroovyEventConsole

The error was probably being printed there.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Jonathan Ozik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It turned out to be an import that was no longer visible (org.objectweb.asm.Opcodes), so the dsld loading silently failed.
>
> Jonathan
>
> On Jul 10, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Jonathan Ozik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Andrew,
>>
>> First of all, thank you for this update.
>> I'm having trouble with custom dsld files that live in jars on the project classpath not showing up in the Groovy -> DSLD preference pane. They used to show up before I moved to Kepler and the latest Groovy Eclipse plugin. Do you know why this might be happening or where I might look for troubleshooting?
>>
>> Jonathan
>>

>> On Jul 9, 2013, at 12:09 PM, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The Groovy-Eclipse team is proud to release 2.8.0.  Read all the details here:
>>> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.8.0+New+and+Noteworthy
>>>
>>> Some highlights:
>>> 1. Improved memory footprint
>>> 2. Improved performance
>>> 3. Editor templates
>>> 4. groovy-eclipse-compiler for maven improvements
>>> 5. 98 bugs fixed in this release
>>>
>>> To use, you can install from an update site.
>>>
>>> For Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler):
>>> http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e4.3/
>>>
>>> For Eclipse 3.8 and 4.2 (Juno):
>>> http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e4.2/
>>>
>>> For Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo):
>>> http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e3.7/
>>>
>>> Please send feedback on the mailing list or raise an issue:
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE

>>>   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: [groovy-user] [ANN] Groovy-Eclipse 2.8.0 released!

Jonathan Ozik
Andrew,

Actually that's the first thing I tried, but the dsld wasn't being registered/loaded so I don't think we'd expect to see anything there?

Jonathan