Abercrombie and Fitch Ireland results miss expectations

Abercrombie and Fitch Ireland results miss expectations

jennifer
Declining traffic and weakness in girls' clothing weighed on Abercrombie and Fitch Ireland (ANF) second quarter, pushing net income down 33 percent.

The teen retailer's results missed analysts' estimates. It also gave a third-quarter earnings forecast well below Wall Street expectations.

The stock tumbled in premarket trading Thursday.

For the period ended Aug. 3, Abercrombie Ireland earned $11.4 million, or 14 cents per share. That's down from $17.1 million, or 20 cents per share, a year earlier.

Removing charges tied to its profit-improvement plans, earnings were 16 cents per share.

Revenue dipped 1 percent to $945.7 million from $951.4 million. U.S. sales fell 8 percent.

Analysts expected earnings of 28 cents per share on revenue of $996.7 million.

A key revenue metric declined 10 percent on softness worldwide http://www.irelandabercrombieandfitch.com/.

Re: Abercrombie and Fitch Ireland results miss expectations

George63
Hey dear I heard Abercrombie provides great discounts online on best workout clothes, is that true? Actually I need to buy few pairs of leggings and tank tops for me. Please help me in finding genuine site where I can get discounts.