An OSGI bundle that just contains the parser?

An OSGI bundle that just contains the parser?

Robert Konigsberg
I have a project for which I'd like to include Groovy support. Not the whole workbench, but just a copy of the language parser. Is this available?

Thanks, Robert

Robert Konigsberg | Google NY | 212-565-9360

Re: An OSGI bundle that just contains the parser?

Andrew Eisenberg
The org.codehaus.groovy bundle contains the parser and the groovy
runtime.  I'm afraid there is nothing smaller that we release.
However, it would be possible for you to rip out the parser and
related antlr support and create a bundle just for that.  It would be
small.  Let me know if you want to go this way and I can help sort out
the dependencies.

Robert Konigsberg
Would it be possible to have a split like that become part of the org. codehaus.groovy pair? e.g. org.codehaus.groovy (a) and org.codehaus.groovy.core (b) where a depends on b?

Re: An OSGI bundle that just contains the parser?

Andrew Eisenberg
Would you please raise a feature request for that?

Our current strategy is to drop in the latest Groovy compiler version
a rebuild Groovy-Eclipse based on that.  However, your suggestion
would make it more complicated to upgrade the Groovy compiler.

That being said, though, for Groovy 1.8, the compiler will be
modularized so that not all of it will be required if it is not
needed.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Robert Konigsberg
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Would it be possible to have a split like that become part of the
> org. codehaus.groovy pair? e.g. org.codehaus.groovy (a) and
> org.codehaus.groovy.core (b) where a depends on b?

Re: An OSGI bundle that just contains the parser?

Robert Konigsberg
Added as http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-585

I accidentally marked it as 'major'. Arghghg.