Code completion for statically imported methods

Code completion for statically imported methods

Jayet, Patrick
Hi all,

I have noticed that code completion is not working for statically imported methods. For instance in the following script:

  import static java.lang.String.*
  println format("hello %s!", "you")

'format' is a method statically imported from String (hence the second line works), but on the third line, if I type 'f' + CTRL space, I get no proposal for 'format'. This feature is working for Java.

Is this a known bug?

Cheers,
Patrick

Re: Code completion for statically imported methods

Andrew Eisenberg
Yep.  This is a bug.  We are currently not handling this situation.

Would you mind raising a jira issue for that?

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Jayet, Patrick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have noticed that code completion is not working for statically imported methods. For instance in the following script:
>
>  import static java.lang.String.*
>  println format("hello %s!", "you")
>
> 'format' is a method statically imported from String (hence the second line works), but on the third line, if I type 'f' + CTRL space, I get no proposal for 'format'. This feature is working for Java.
>
> Is this a known bug?
>
> Cheers,
> Patrick

AW: [groovy-eclipse-plugin-user] Code completion for statically imported methods

Jayet, Patrick
> Would you mind raising a jira issue for that?

Here it is:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-832

Cheers,
Patrick