Custom extensions

Vitalii Fed
Groovy supports custom file extensions via META-INF/services/org.codehaus.groovy.source.Extensions, but when I add a jar with this such a file to an eclipse project, the IDE does not recognize files with a custom extension from org.codehaus.groovy.source.Extensions as groovy files, so I wonder if there is any way to tell Eclipse to compile them as well?

The goal I am trying to achieve is to distinguish certain script files from regular groovy files, so I can apply a Global AST transformation to them. As these files are scripts not classes I prefer to have a custom file extension instead of wrapping each script in an annotated class.