DSLD via classpath containers

Carl Parisi
Hi,

I am creating my own plugin that defines a project nature and contains
its own DSLD file.
I have defined a ClassPathContainerInitializer and my own
ClassPathContainer, so that when my plugin's nature is added to a given
eclipse project, the DSLD appears in the classpath.

The default Groovy DSL support seems to work, but
  I get these errors in the console, and my DSLD file is not loaded.

/ /my_groovy.dsld: 8 Groovy:unable to resolve class
org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassNode
/ /my_groovy.dsld: 3 Groovy:unable to resolve class
org.codehaus.groovy.ast.AnnotationNode
/ /my_groovy.dsld: 6 Groovy:unable to resolve class
org.codehaus.groovy.ast.expr.ListExpression
/ /my_groovy.dsld: 4 Groovy:unable to resolve class
org.codehaus.groovy.ast.expr.ClassExpression
/ /my_groovy.dsld: 5 Groovy:unable to resolve class
org.codehaus.groovy.ast.expr.Expression

Just wondering if this is supported or if I am doing something wrong. I
can provide a project that demonstrates if needed.

Thanks,

-Carl

Re: DSLD via classpath containers

Andrew Eisenberg
This should work.  It's looking like you don't have the groovy jars on
your project's classpath.  To ensure this is the case, you will
probably need to add the groovy classpath container to your classpath.
 Either that, or just ensure that the groovy-all jar is added.

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Carl Parisi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating my own plugin that defines a project nature and contains its
> own DSLD file.
> I have defined a ClassPathContainerInitializer and my own
> ClassPathContainer, so that when my plugin's nature is added to a given
> eclipse project, the DSLD appears in the classpath.
>
> The default Groovy DSL support seems to work, but
>  I get these errors in the console, and my DSLD file is not loaded.
>

> / /my_groovy.dsld: 8 Groovy:unable to resolve class
> org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassNode
> / /my_groovy.dsld: 3 Groovy:unable to resolve class
> org.codehaus.groovy.ast.AnnotationNode
> / /my_groovy.dsld: 6 Groovy:unable to resolve class
> org.codehaus.groovy.ast.expr.ListExpression
> / /my_groovy.dsld: 4 Groovy:unable to resolve class
> org.codehaus.groovy.ast.expr.ClassExpression
> / /my_groovy.dsld: 5 Groovy:unable to resolve class
> org.codehaus.groovy.ast.expr.Expression
>

> Just wondering if this is supported or if I am doing something wrong. I can
> provide a project that demonstrates if needed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Carl

Re: DSLD via classpath containers

Andrew Eisenberg
Yeah.  It should.  I'll have to see what's happening.  Can you send
over a sample project?

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Carl Parisi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Andrew, the "Groovy Libraries" Classpath container is on the classpath..
> shouldn't that work?
>
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> bably need to add the groovy classpath container to your classpath.
>>  Either that, or just ensure that the groovy-all jar is added.

Re: DSLD via classpath containers

Carl Parisi
Andrew,

I created the bug: