Debugging Grails 2.0.1 within STS 2.8.1

Roshan Dawrani
Hi,

I have recently started using Grails 2.0.1 with STS 2.8.1 and I am facing some issues in debugging the Groovy-internal calls therein.

It seems to frequently go into the following calls, and I would like to avoid these and deal only with Groovy/Grails internal calls only.

TypeRegistry.istcheck()
ReloadableType.changed(int)
TypeRegistry.staticFieldInterceptionRequired()

Are the above calls introduced by Groovy-eclipse compiler (I don't think these are introduced by Groovy 1.8.x or Grails 2.0.1 compiler bits)? Any way to avoid these?

Thanks.

Roshan

Re: [groovy-dev] Debugging Grails 2.0.1 within STS 2.8.1

Roshan Dawrani
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:

grails-debug -noreloading run-app

But reloading would be disabled

I would raise a JIRA against STS to make it skip these classes by default

Excellent. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Roshan

Re: [groovy-dev] Debugging Grails 2.0.1 within STS 2.8.1

Andrew Eisenberg-2
If you want to keep reloading, but avoid stepping into these added
methods, you can also do the following:

1. Go to Preferences -> Groovy -> Debugger and add the packages to the
list so they can be grayed out as well.
2. Click on the link to edit step filters and add the types/packages
to the list so that they too will be filters.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Roshan Dawrani <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> grails-debug -noreloading run-app
>>
>> But reloading would be disabled
>>
>> I would raise a JIRA against STS to make it skip these classes by default
>

> Excellent. Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Roshan

Re: [groovy-dev] Debugging Grails 2.0.1 within STS 2.8.1

Andrew Eisenberg-2
Raised https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2535