Erractic classname completion

Paul Bennett
This seems very strange. Without any obvious change, class name completion (and Organize Imports) has stopped finding some classes on the classpath of a project. There is no obvious pattern to the classes it will or will not find; I have noticed that it the majority seem to be in the same package as the class being edited.

I looked in JIRA, couldn't find anything like this. Has anyone any pointers or clues?

Environment is:

OS X 10.6.8
Eclipse 4.2 (Juno)
Groovy 2.1.5
Apple Java SE 6
GRECLIPSE  2.8.0.xx-20130703-1700-e42-RELEASE (latest release)

-pb

Re: Erractic classname completion

Paul Bennett
Andrew, I got around it by creating a new workspace - it went away when I did that. Perhaps its a problem with indexing?

I will revert to my old WS and see what I can find.

-pb

On Aug 29, 2013, at 7:23 PM, Andrew Eisenberg wrote:

I don't know what was going on. It's possible that some metadata got corrupted, but impossible to say without taking a look.

Yes, definitely. I didn't mean to imply that this was necessarily a Greclipse issue - my testing would def. point to other causes as well. My initial post was exploratory, to see if other people had a similar experience, and my reply was really just curiosity about your thoughts and opinion, since you have much more knowledge of Eclipse internals than I do.

It is a curious thing. In that workspace, I am also seeing an issue with running JUnit tests - now, on a test case that ran perfectly before, I am getting a 'No JUnit tests found' when I try and run the test class. It may or may not be related, but they surfaced at around the same time. Coincidence is not causality, but it is strange...

Anyway, I've moved to a new workspace, and the problems have gone away.

Thanks again for your help and comment - and for Groovy Eclipse!

-pb