GPars in Eclipse

Russel Winder-3
I am getting about 250+ errors and 750+ warnings when I try to compile
GPars in Eclipse.  The Eclipse project is the one generated by Gradle, I
am using Groovy 2.0 mode. GPars for me depends on Groovy 2.0.0-rc-2. Am
I just too far ahead of the game or is there a problem to investigate?

Gant works fine for me, so I am confident my basic Groovy set up is
fine.  GPars works fine with Gradle and in IntelliJ IDEA so its code is
fine.

Thanks.

--
Russel.

Re: GPars in Eclipse

andreas.hartmann
Vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht.

Ich bin ab 11.06.2012 wieder erreichbar. Ihre E-Mail wird nicht weitergeleitet.
Wenden Sie sich bitte an meine Vertretung unter 0361/30265653 oder per E-Mail an [hidden email].

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Hartmann-Schneevoigt

Re: GPars in Eclipse

It's hard to say exactly what's happening here.  But yes,
Groovy-Eclipse does yet use RC2.  It is using a snapshot from just
before beta3.  Is this a new problem with RC2 or have you never gotten
gpars to compile in Eclipse?

Just for fun, you could try replacing the beta3 snapshot compiler in
org.codehaus.groovy_2.0.0.xxxx/lib in the plugins directory with the
rc2 jars (make sure to rename them so names match, save the old jars
and restart eclipse).  There is a chance this will work.

But, I would be interested in knowing what kinds of problems you are having.

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am getting about 250+ errors and 750+ warnings when I try to compile
> GPars in Eclipse.  The Eclipse project is the one generated by Gradle, I
> am using Groovy 2.0 mode. GPars for me depends on Groovy 2.0.0-rc-2. Am
> I just too far ahead of the game or is there a problem to investigate?
>
> Gant works fine for me, so I am confident my basic Groovy set up is
> fine.  GPars works fine with Gradle and in IntelliJ IDEA so its code is
> fine.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Russel.

Re: GPars in Eclipse

Russel Winder-3
On Sat, 2012-06-02 at 08:48 -0700, Andrew Eisenberg wrote:
> It's hard to say exactly what's happening here.  But yes,
> Groovy-Eclipse does yet use RC2.  It is using a snapshot from just
> before beta3.  Is this a new problem with RC2 or have you never gotten
> gpars to compile in Eclipse?

My problem here is memory, I just can't remember last time I tried to
build GPars in Eclipse and was successful, I know I have never succeeded
since I jumped to using Groovy 2 always.

> Just for fun, you could try replacing the beta3 snapshot compiler in
> org.codehaus.groovy_2.0.0.xxxx/lib in the plugins directory with the
> rc2 jars (make sure to rename them so names match, save the old jars
> and restart eclipse).  There is a chance this will work.

This sounds risky since the Groovy distribution is now many jars rather
than one, or perhaps you mean to use the groovy-all artefact?

> But, I would be interested in knowing what kinds of problems you are having.

There seems to be a mix:

One compiler internal error, lots of missing overloads, various
complaints.  I wonder if the best bet is to make a log and get it to you
somehow?

--
Russel.

Re: GPars in Eclipse

Russel Winder-3
I seem to be subscribed to this list as both [hidden email] (which
is what I want) and [hidden email] (which I'd like to get
rid of). As far as I am aware there is nothing I can do from Xircles
myself -- or is there. Can a despot remove the extra email address, or
do I need Ben?

Thanks.

--
Russel.

Re: GPars in Eclipse

> This sounds risky since the Groovy distribution is now many jars rather
> than one, or perhaps you mean to use the groovy-all artefact?
I'm just talking about the groovy-xxx.jar and the groovy-all.jar

> One compiler internal error, lots of missing overloads, various
> complaints.  I wonder if the best bet is to make a log and get it to you
> somehow?

It's probably the internal compiler error that starts things and all
the other errors propagate from it.

Would you mind raising a jira for this?  Or at least pasting the stack
trace for the internal compiler error?