GRECLIPSE-1075

Stephen Joyner
Andy I just saw the ticket you opened for this problem.

The interesting thing I note about this issue is that the class for
which eclipse is reporting this error contains no import statements.
How is is breaking on trying to convert import statements when there
are no import statements?

Anyway, let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: GRECLIPSE-1075

Andy Clement
> The interesting thing I note about this issue is that the class for
> which eclipse is reporting this error contains no import statements.

> How is is breaking on trying to convert import statements when there
> are no import statements?

I don't know, if you could give me a sample that showed the problem, I
could tell you :)

Sometimes when compiler errors (proper crashes) occur they are not
caused by the file against which the error is being reported. It may
be imports elsewhere.

> Anyway, let me know if I can be of further assistance.

I've put some changes in that will come through in a dev build this
morning, if you can try that out when it appears, that would be great.

Re: GRECLIPSE-1075

Stephen Joyner
Will do.

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Andy Clement <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> The interesting thing I note about this issue is that the class for
>> which eclipse is reporting this error contains no import statements.
>
>> How is is breaking on trying to convert import statements when there
>> are no import statements?
>
> I don't know, if you could give me a sample that showed the problem, I
> could tell you :)
>
> Sometimes when compiler errors (proper crashes) occur they are not
> caused by the file against which the error is being reported. It may
> be imports elsewhere.
>
>> Anyway, let me know if I can be of further assistance.
>
> I've put some changes in that will come through in a dev build this
> morning, if you can try that out when it appears, that would be great.
>
> Andy

Re: GRECLIPSE-1075

Andy Clement
silly build machine... should be a dev build through now if you want
to try it (eclipse 3.6)

cheers
Andy

On 7 June 2011 10:04, Stephen Joyner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Will do.
>
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Andy Clement <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> The interesting thing I note about this issue is that the class for
>>> which eclipse is reporting this error contains no import statements.
>>
>>> How is is breaking on trying to convert import statements when there
>>> are no import statements?
>>
>> I don't know, if you could give me a sample that showed the problem, I
>> could tell you :)
>>
>> Sometimes when compiler errors (proper crashes) occur they are not
>> caused by the file against which the error is being reported. It may
>> be imports elsewhere.
>>
>>> Anyway, let me know if I can be of further assistance.
>>
>> I've put some changes in that will come through in a dev build this
>> morning, if you can try that out when it appears, that would be great.
>>
>> Andy

Re: GRECLIPSE-1075

Stephen Joyner
Everything looks like it's working. I'm not getting the illegal
argument exception any more and the build seems to be getting all the
way through without getting that old requeing message.

You are my hero. I can't tell you how excited I am about getting my
favorite IDE back to 100% awesome.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Stephen