GrEclipse and Scala?

Rob Elsner
Greetings,

I've been trying to get the Groovy Eclipse plugin to work along side
the Scala plugin (so we can use Spock for our tests).

I can't make it work, and most of the traffic seems to have stopped
after 2009 so do both plugins work together? How do I configure it?
When Scala replaces the Java Builder, Groovy classes no longer get
compiled.

Thank you in advance,
Rob

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> That's correct.   Groovy and Scala cannot be compiled in the same project.
> Groovy requires the patched Java builder and Scala requires its own builder.

That's unfortunate, because in my case that means no Groovy/Spock :(

Is there no way to make them compatible?

Re: GrEclipse and Scala?

Chris Miles
http://code.google.com/p/spock/wiki/GettingStarted and scroll down to
eclipse - shows spock running with groovy eclipse plugin

On 24/07/12 17:07, Rob Elsner wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> That's correct.   Groovy and Scala cannot be compiled in the same project.
>> Groovy requires the patched Java builder and Scala requires its own builder.
> That's unfortunate, because in my case that means no Groovy/Spock :(
>
> Is there no way to make them compatible?

Re: GrEclipse and Scala?

Unfortunately, Eclipse does not allow builders to control only certain sections of a project.  I could imagine a way to split a single file-system directory into 2 projects in Eclipse, but it is a bit hacky.  If you want to try this out, let me know and I can work through something.