Grab Dependencies not available within Eclipse

Grab Dependencies not available within Eclipse

Matthias Wurm
Hi,

I haven't been using Groovy since a while and updated my Eclipse (3.6)
yesterday (groovy-eclipse-pugin version is
2.5.2.xx-20110929-1700-e36).

What I noticed is that when adding dependencies with Grab, the loaded
classes are not available for code assist on type checking.
However, according to these release notes, it should work fine:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.0.0RC1+New+and+Noteworthy
(Section "Better @Grab support")

What works in my Eclipse:
- Adding an invalid dependency (e.g. typo in groupId) shows me an error
- Adding a valid dependency is fine

What doesn't work
- When using any class from the grabbed dependency, Eclipse won't
recognize it and shows me an error (although when running it as a
script, groovy won't complain)

I haven't found any open issues for this topic (GRECLIPSE-411 might be
somehow related, but I don't think so).

Can anyone confirm this?

Best Regards,
Matthias

Re: Grab Dependencies not available within Eclipse

Andy Clement
You should try a dev build of groovy-eclipse (a 2.6.0 dev build) -
that has some grab improvements.

The recent changes made in this area are discussed in
https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-1360

cheers
Andy

On 6 November 2011 01:50, Matthias Wurm <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I haven't been using Groovy since a while and updated my Eclipse (3.6)
> yesterday (groovy-eclipse-pugin version is
> 2.5.2.xx-20110929-1700-e36).
>
> What I noticed is that when adding dependencies with Grab, the loaded
> classes are not available for code assist on type checking.
> However, according to these release notes, it should work fine:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.0.0RC1+New+and+Noteworthy
> (Section "Better @Grab support")
>
> What works in my Eclipse:
> - Adding an invalid dependency (e.g. typo in groupId) shows me an error
> - Adding a valid dependency is fine
>
> What doesn't work
> - When using any class from the grabbed dependency, Eclipse won't
> recognize it and shows me an error (although when running it as a
> script, groovy won't complain)
>
> I haven't found any open issues for this topic (GRECLIPSE-411 might be
> somehow related, but I don't think so).
>
> Can anyone confirm this?
>

> Best Regards,
> Matthias

Re: Grab Dependencies not available within Eclipse

Matthias Wurm
Is there an udpate site for the 2.6.0 dev build?

Because
http://dist.springsource.org/snapshot/GRECLIPSE/e3.6/
still shows me the 2.5.2.xx components.

Or do I have to build it manually?

Cheers,
Matthias

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 12:21 AM, Andy Clement <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You should try a dev build of groovy-eclipse (a 2.6.0 dev build) -
> that has some grab improvements.
>
> The recent changes made in this area are discussed in
> https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-1360
>
> cheers
> Andy
>
> On 6 November 2011 01:50, Matthias Wurm <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I haven't been using Groovy since a while and updated my Eclipse (3.6)
>> yesterday (groovy-eclipse-pugin version is
>> 2.5.2.xx-20110929-1700-e36).
>>
>> What I noticed is that when adding dependencies with Grab, the loaded
>> classes are not available for code assist on type checking.
>> However, according to these release notes, it should work fine:
>> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.0.0RC1+New+and+Noteworthy
>> (Section "Better @Grab support")
>>
>> What works in my Eclipse:
>> - Adding an invalid dependency (e.g. typo in groupId) shows me an error
>> - Adding a valid dependency is fine
>>
>> What doesn't work
>> - When using any class from the grabbed dependency, Eclipse won't
>> recognize it and shows me an error (although when running it as a
>> script, groovy won't complain)
>>
>> I haven't found any open issues for this topic (GRECLIPSE-411 might be
>> somehow related, but I don't think so).
>>
>> Can anyone confirm this?
>>

>> Best Regards,
>> Matthias

Re: Grab Dependencies not available within Eclipse

Matthias Wurm
Alright, I've seen there's another
repository:http://ci.repository.codehaus.org/greclipse/snapshot/e36/
And my Grab problems have gone...