Groovy 2.1.3 support for groovy-eclipse-batch?

Groovy 2.1.3 support for groovy-eclipse-batch?

steve.ash
Hi-

Any idea on when the 2.1.3 compiler will be available as a groovy-eclipse-batch artifact?

Also- are there any docs to illustrate how to integrate a new groovy build as a groovy-eclipse-batch artifact? I would certainly love to help contribute if you guys are busy.

Steve

Re: Groovy 2.1.3 support for groovy-eclipse-batch?

Andrew Eisenberg
Hi Steve,

We will be putting out a new version soon. It's long over due.  We
were planning to wait until 2.1.4 is released (probably this coming
week), but if there is a delay in 2.1.4, we will likely just release
off of 2.1.3.

Thanks for your offer to help, but it is not s simple manner of
running some packaging scripts.  The groovy-eclipse-compiler is based
on a patched groovy-core.  The patching process is not simple and
requires deep knowledge of both groovy-eclipse and the compiler.

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Steve Ash <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi-
>
> Any idea on when the 2.1.3 compiler will be available as a
> groovy-eclipse-batch artifact?
>
> Also- are there any docs to illustrate how to integrate a new groovy build
> as a groovy-eclipse-batch artifact? I would certainly love to help
> contribute if you guys are busy.
>
> Steve

Re: Groovy 2.1.3 support for groovy-eclipse-batch?

Andrew Eisenberg
Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay.  the 2.1.3-01 groovy-eclipse-batch artifact is
now available from maven central.

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> We will be putting out a new version soon. It's long over due.  We
> were planning to wait until 2.1.4 is released (probably this coming
> week), but if there is a delay in 2.1.4, we will likely just release
> off of 2.1.3.
>
> Thanks for your offer to help, but it is not s simple manner of
> running some packaging scripts.  The groovy-eclipse-compiler is based
> on a patched groovy-core.  The patching process is not simple and
> requires deep knowledge of both groovy-eclipse and the compiler.
>
> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Steve Ash <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi-
>>
>> Any idea on when the 2.1.3 compiler will be available as a
>> groovy-eclipse-batch artifact?
>>
>> Also- are there any docs to illustrate how to integrate a new groovy build
>> as a groovy-eclipse-batch artifact? I would certainly love to help
>> contribute if you guys are busy.
>>
>> Steve

Re: Groovy 2.1.3 support for groovy-eclipse-batch?

steve.ash

thanks so much! i know this was just last week, however it looks like they just released 2.1.4. any eta for the batch compiler? sorry to be so annoying i just really want some of those compilestatic fixes :)

On May 23, 2013 12:59 PM, "Andrew Eisenberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay.  the 2.1.3-01 groovy-eclipse-batch artifact is
now available from maven central.

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> We will be putting out a new version soon. It's long over due.  We
> were planning to wait until 2.1.4 is released (probably this coming
> week), but if there is a delay in 2.1.4, we will likely just release
> off of 2.1.3.
>
> Thanks for your offer to help, but it is not s simple manner of
> running some packaging scripts.  The groovy-eclipse-compiler is based
> on a patched groovy-core.  The patching process is not simple and
> requires deep knowledge of both groovy-eclipse and the compiler.
>
> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Steve Ash <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi-
>>
>> Any idea on when the 2.1.3 compiler will be available as a
>> groovy-eclipse-batch artifact?
>>
>> Also- are there any docs to illustrate how to integrate a new groovy build
>> as a groovy-eclipse-batch artifact? I would certainly love to help
>> contribute if you guys are busy.
>>
>> Steve

Re: Groovy 2.1.3 support for groovy-eclipse-batch?

Andrew Eisenberg
We'll try to get something available for next week.