Groovy-Eclipse 2.0.0RC1 released!

The Groovy-Eclipse team is happy to continue the ongoing Gr8 release
train and we have just released 2.0.0RC1.  The focus has been on
stability, and bug fixing, but we did at a few new goodies, such as
better script launching support, better @Grab support, and AST
Transformation.  You can find the release notes here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.0.0RC1+New+and+Noteworthy

and the update site is here:
http://dist.springsource.org/milestone/GRECLIPSE/e3.5/

Enjoy!

Re: Groovy-Eclipse 2.0.0RC1 released!

Guillaume Laforge-2
Excellent work, guys!

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 19:31, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The Groovy-Eclipse team is happy to continue the ongoing Gr8 release
> train and we have just released 2.0.0RC1.  The focus has been on
> stability, and bug fixing, but we did at a few new goodies, such as
> better script launching support, better @Grab support, and AST
> Transformation.  You can find the release notes here:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.0.0RC1+New+and+Noteworthy
>
> and the update site is here:
> http://dist.springsource.org/milestone/GRECLIPSE/e3.5/
>
> Enjoy!

Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
http://www.springsource.com/g2one

Re: Groovy-Eclipse 2.0.0RC1 released!

JosephKim
Thank you very much for your hard works. I really really wait for groovydoc supoort. It's just amazing!!

2009/12/25 Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]>
Excellent work, guys!

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 19:31, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Groovy-Eclipse team is happy to continue the ongoing Gr8 release
> train and we have just released 2.0.0RC1.  The focus has been on
> stability, and bug fixing, but we did at a few new goodies, such as
> better script launching support, better @Grab support, and AST
> Transformation.  You can find the release notes here:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.0.0RC1+New+and+Noteworthy
>
> and the update site is here:
> http://dist.springsource.org/milestone/GRECLIPSE/e3.5/
>
> Enjoy!

Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
http://www.springsource.com/g2one

re: Groovy-Eclipse 2.0.0RC1 released!

mpurdy1973
are the following update sites the same?  if not, which one is the default? is the snapshot the latest nightly build?

http://dist.springsource.org/milestone/GRECLIPSE/e3.5/
http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/greclipse/snapshot/e3.5/

Hi all,

The Groovy-Eclipse team is happy to continue the ongoing Gr8 release
train and we have just released 2.0.0RC1. The focus has been on
stability, and bug fixing, but we did at a few new goodies, such as
better script launching support, better @Grab support, and AST
Transformation. You can find the release notes here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Groovy-Eclipse+2.0.0RC1+New+and+Noteworthy

and the update site is here:
http://dist.springsource.org/milestone/GRECLIPSE/e3.5/

Enjoy!

Re: re: Groovy-Eclipse 2.0.0RC1 released!

Andrew Eisenberg
> are the following update sites the same?  if not, which one is the default?
> is the snapshot the latest nightly build?
>
> http://dist.springsource.org/milestone/GRECLIPSE/e3.5/
>
> http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/greclipse/snapshot/e3.5/

Correct.  The milestone is the latest milestone build (in this case
RC1).  The snapshot is the nightly build (but actually usually more
often than that, a new snapshot appears 20 minutes after we commit if
all tests pass).  As we prepare for the 2.0 release in early January,
there will be few, if any snapshots.  But after that, we will likely
be back to our old schedule of releasing snapshots often.

--a