Groovy-Eclipse-Maven-Plugin and Spock Framework

Groovy-Eclipse-Maven-Plugin and Spock Framework

Scheidt, Stefan
Hi,

I just tried to use the Spock Framework (http://code.google.com/p/spock/) in a Maven based project together with Groovy-Eclipse instead of the gmaven plugin.

Unfortunately, this combination does not work yet. The attempt to  build a project containing a spock spec result in:

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.108
sec <<< FAILURE!
initializationError(kata.movietickets.HelloSpockSpecs)  Time elapsed:
0.007 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.spockframework.runtime.InvalidSpecException: Specification
'kata.movietickets.HelloSpockSpecs' was not compiled properly (Spock
AST transform was not run); try to do a clean build

Building the project with gmaven works.

I posted my observation to the Spock Framework User Group (http://groups.google.com/group/spockframework/browse_thread/thread/7d1c16ed15a71502).
Peter Niederwiser responded:

"This is almost certainly a Groovy Eclipse issue. Sounds like their command-line compiler doesn't support AST transforms (i.e. compiler plugins) yet. Please bring this up on the Groovy Eclipse list (http://groovy-eclipse-plugin.42567.n3.nabble.com/). I'll keep an eye on the thread and try to help where I can. "

I also send an email to Andrew Eisenberg, so both teams should know about this.

It would be great if Groovy Eclipse and the corresponding Maven Plugin could be extended to support AST transforms/compiler plugins and especially the Spock Framework.

Regards
Stefan

--

OPITZ CONSULTING Gummersbach GmbH
Stefan Scheidt - Dipl.-Math. - Solution Architect
HRB-Nr. 39163 Amtsgericht Köln

Re: Groovy-Eclipse-Maven-Plugin and Spock Framework

Peter Niederwieser
Administrator
Stefan,

just to make it clear: In the Groovy-Eclipse IDE, Spock (and other AST transforms) work just fine. So this problem must somehow be related to the Groovy-Eclipse standalone compiler.

Cheers,
Peter

Re: Groovy-Eclipse-Maven-Plugin and Spock Framework

Scheidt, Stefan
Hi Peter,

OK. Thanks for the clarification.

Regards
Stefan

Am 14.11.2010 um 13:39 schrieb "Peter Niederwieser" <[hidden email]>:

> Stefan,
>
> just to make it clear: In the Groovy-Eclipse IDE, Spock (and other AST
> transforms) work just fine. So this problem must somehow be related to the
> Groovy-Eclipse standalone compiler.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

Re: Groovy-Eclipse-Maven-Plugin and Spock Framework

We are aware of the issue related to ast transforms in standalone
usage of the compiler.

Andy

On 14 November 2010 04:41, Scheidt, Stefan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> OK. Thanks for the clarification.
>
> Regards
> Stefan
>
> Am 14.11.2010 um 13:39 schrieb "Peter Niederwieser" <[hidden email]>:
>

>> Stefan,
>>
>> just to make it clear: In the Groovy-Eclipse IDE, Spock (and other AST
>> transforms) work just fine. So this problem must somehow be related to the
>> Groovy-Eclipse standalone compiler.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Peter

Re: Groovy-Eclipse-Maven-Plugin and Spock Framework

Andy Clement
I raised http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-889 to track it,
you might want to watch that issue if you are interested in when it
gets resolved.

Andy

On 14 November 2010 11:06, Andy Clement <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are aware of the issue related to ast transforms in standalone
> usage of the compiler.
>
> Andy
>
> On 14 November 2010 04:41, Scheidt, Stefan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> OK. Thanks for the clarification.
>>
>> Regards
>> Stefan
>>
>> Am 14.11.2010 um 13:39 schrieb "Peter Niederwieser" <[hidden email]>:
>>

>>> Stefan,
>>>
>>> just to make it clear: In the Groovy-Eclipse IDE, Spock (and other AST
>>> transforms) work just fine. So this problem must somehow be related to the
>>> Groovy-Eclipse standalone compiler.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Peter

Re: Groovy-Eclipse-Maven-Plugin and Spock Framework

Hi Stefan,

This is something that we are aware of and will be fixing soon.  We've just been caught up in a few rounds of releases recently.  We'll make an announcement when it is ready.