Groovy-Eclipse and AST Transforms

For a long time even though AST Transforms have been supported by
Groovy-Eclipse, they have caused all kinds of problems in the editor.
Often, using an AST transform in a class would break many of the
standard UI features such as content assist and navigation.  We now
have a fix for this and it is available in the latest dev snapshot for
3.5.  When using this new snapshot, you should notice your transforms
behaving much better in the editor.  If not, then please let us know
on this mailing list, or through a bug report (
http://jira.codehaus.org/GRECLIPSE ).

For more information on this, see: http://jira.codehaus.org/GRECLIPSE-617

thanks,
Andrew

Re: Groovy-Eclipse and AST Transforms

wolfmanjm
I added comments to  GRECLIPSE-684.

I notice with the latest dev snapshot
that I just got, that all navigation seems to have been disabled whether or
not there is an annotation present.

So in any of my groovy files hitting F3 on anything just says "Current text
selection cannot be opened in an editor". Works as expected in a Java file.

I'm using 3.5.2 and the plugin is Version: 2.0.2.20100506-1000-e35

Re: Groovy-Eclipse and AST Transforms

Andrew Eisenberg
Thanks for the reply.  I would like to see a failing project.  Can you
attach a small one to the issue?