Groovy Preferences and Project wizard not showing up after install

Groovy Preferences and Project wizard not showing up after install

Paul Bennett
All,

Setting up a new Windows 7 machine, I've installed Greclipse 2.7.0 into Eclipse Indigo (3.7), Java EE edition. After the install, neither the Groovy preferences show up in the Preferences panel, or the Groovy Project wizard shows up after a New Project...

I've run Eclipse on the latest versions of both SE 6 and Java SE 7 (6.0_35 and 7.0_7, 64 bit) with the same results. The Windows 7 machine is a Parallels VM under OS X 10.6.8

I have an XP VM which works fine, but it's 32-bit Java (since it's Windows XP). Could this be the issue? Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help,

-pb

Re: Groovy Preferences and Project wizard not showing up after install

Andrew Eisenberg
Did you install Eclipse into C:\Program Files?  Groovy-Eclipse cannot
be installed into that directory due to permissioning problems.  This
is an Eclipse bug that has been addressed in Eclipse 4.2.

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Paul Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> Setting up a new Windows 7 machine, I've installed Greclipse 2.7.0 into
> Eclipse Indigo (3.7), Java EE edition. After the install, neither the Groovy
> preferences show up in the Preferences panel, or the Groovy Project wizard
> shows up after a New Project...
>
> I've run Eclipse on the latest versions of both SE 6 and Java SE 7 (6.0_35
> and 7.0_7, 64 bit) with the same results. The Windows 7 machine is a
> Parallels VM under OS X 10.6.8
>
> I have an XP VM which works fine, but it's 32-bit Java (since it's Windows
> XP). Could this be the issue? Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> -pb

Re: Groovy Preferences and Project wizard not showing up after install

Paul Bennett
It's always the little things. That fixed it. (I generally work on a Mac)

Thanks Andrew!

-pb

On Sep 4, 2012, at 1:20 AM, Andrew Eisenberg wrote:

> Did you install Eclipse into C:\Program Files?  Groovy-Eclipse cannot
> be installed into that directory due to permissioning problems.  This
> is an Eclipse bug that has been addressed in Eclipse 4.2.
>
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Paul Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Setting up a new Windows 7 machine, I've installed Greclipse 2.7.0 into
>> Eclipse Indigo (3.7), Java EE edition. After the install, neither the Groovy
>> preferences show up in the Preferences panel, or the Groovy Project wizard
>> shows up after a New Project...
>>
>> I've run Eclipse on the latest versions of both SE 6 and Java SE 7 (6.0_35
>> and 7.0_7, 64 bit) with the same results. The Windows 7 machine is a
>> Parallels VM under OS X 10.6.8
>>
>> I have an XP VM which works fine, but it's 32-bit Java (since it's Windows
>> XP). Could this be the issue? Any other ideas?
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>>
>> -pb

-pb