Interested in helping a research study on Eclipse?

Interested in helping a research study on Eclipse?

Mohsen Vakilian
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your interest in CodingSpectator.

There are several IDE's for Java. And, we've focused on the one we are
most familiar with, i.e. Eclipse. It's a lot of work to support
NetBeans or IntelliJ. So, we do not have any plans for supporting
other IDEs. Fortunately, Eclipse has a  lot of users. And, we hope to
be able to get help from Eclipse users.

Thanks,
Mohsen Vakilian

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 6:09 AM, Martin Skurla <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> sorry for spam, but do you plan something similar with NetBeans IDE, beca=
use

> I am mainly NetBeans user and maybe it could be interesting with NetBeans
> too...
>

> Bye,
> Martin Skurla
>
> 2011/6/10 Mohsen Vakilian <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm Mohsen, a PhD student working with Prof. Ralph Johnson at the
>> University of Illinois at Urbana-
>> Champaign (UIUC). Ralph is a co-author of the seminal book on design
>> patterns (GoF) and his research
>> group has a history of important contributions to IDE's.
>>
>> Our team [1] is studying how developers interact with the Eclipse IDE fo=
>> evolving and maintaining their
>> code. We've noticed Eclipse project files at the source code repository =
of
>> Groovy. So, we assume you
>> are using Eclipse to contribute to Groovy. Therefore, we are extending
>> this invitation to Groovy
>> developers and would greatly appreciate and value your participation and
>> help in our research study.
>>
>> To participate you should be at least 18 years old and use Eclipse Helio=
>> for Java development. As a
>> participant, we ask that you complete a short survey and install our
>> Eclipse plug-in called
>> CodingSpectator [2].
>>
>> CodingSpectator monitors programming interactions non-intrusively in the
>> background and periodically
>> uploads it to a secure server at UIUC. To get a representative perspecti=
ve
>> of how you interact with
>> Eclipse, we would appreciate if you could install CodingSpectator for tw=

>> months. Rest assured that we
>> are taking the utmost measures to protect your privacy and
>> confidentiality.
>>
>> If you are interested, you may sign up at
>> <http://codingspectator.cs.illinois.edu/ConsentForm>, which
>> contains our consent form with all the details and procedures of our
>> research study.
>>
>> Your participation will help us greatly as we try to better understand h=
ow
>> developers interact with their
>> IDE's so we can propose improvements which fit better with their mindset=
s.

>> Thanks in advance for your time! Please do not hesitate to contact me
>> ([hidden email]) if you
>> have any questions or comments. More information can also be found at ou=
>> FAQ [3]. Feel free to
>> forward this invitation to anyone who might be interested in participati=
ng