Is the latest snapshot broken?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Is the latest snapshot broken?

Russel Winder
I am using Eclipse 3.6 Helios on Debian Testing tracking the nightly
builds of GrEclipse.  Everything had been working more or less as
expected, with each GrEclipse upgrade doing the right thing.  Today
however, I am getting the error message:

exception while configuring main class loader:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/users/russel/lib.Linux.x86_64/Eclipse-3.6/plugins/org.codehaus.groovy_1.8.0.xx-20110507-0800-e36/conf/groovy-starter.conf (No such file or directory)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:137)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:96)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GroovyStarter.rootLoader(GroovyStarter.java:88)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GroovyStarter.main(GroovyStarter.java:130)

As I understand it Eclipse keeps the current and last version which
means I don't have the version referred to hence the error.  But why is
the latest version referring to this two versions ago version?

Thanks.

--
Russel.
=============================================================================
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:[hidden email]
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder

signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Is the latest snapshot broken?

Andrew Eisenberg
When do you get this exception?  When launching your Groovy file as a
script?  Are you using an existing launch configuration?  The launch
configuration may have some hard coded paths in it that point to files
that no longer exist.  So, assuming this is the problem, try deleting
the launch configuration and creating a new one.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 6:03 AM, Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using Eclipse 3.6 Helios on Debian Testing tracking the nightly
> builds of GrEclipse.  Everything had been working more or less as
> expected, with each GrEclipse upgrade doing the right thing.  Today
> however, I am getting the error message:
>
> exception while configuring main class loader:
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/users/russel/lib.Linux.x86_64/Eclipse-3.6/plugins/org.codehaus.groovy_1.8.0.xx-20110507-0800-e36/conf/groovy-starter.conf (No such file or directory)
>        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:137)
>        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:96)
>        at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GroovyStarter.rootLoader(GroovyStarter.java:88)
>        at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GroovyStarter.main(GroovyStarter.java:130)
>
> As I understand it Eclipse keeps the current and last version which
> means I don't have the version referred to hence the error.  But why is
> the latest version referring to this two versions ago version?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Russel.
> =============================================================================
> Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:[hidden email]
> 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]
> London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Is the latest snapshot broken?

Andrew Eisenberg
If this really is the problem, then the long term solution would be to
remove the hard-coded fully qualified paths from launch configurations
completely and use relative paths instead.  We can do this using
launch configuration variables. But, it's a little bit complicated
since there would also need to be a way to resolve the launch config
variable to be  the full path to the org.codehaus.groovy bundle.  Not
impossible, but also not trivial.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When do you get this exception?  When launching your Groovy file as a
> script?  Are you using an existing launch configuration?  The launch
> configuration may have some hard coded paths in it that point to files
> that no longer exist.  So, assuming this is the problem, try deleting
> the launch configuration and creating a new one.
>
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 6:03 AM, Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am using Eclipse 3.6 Helios on Debian Testing tracking the nightly
>> builds of GrEclipse.  Everything had been working more or less as
>> expected, with each GrEclipse upgrade doing the right thing.  Today
>> however, I am getting the error message:
>>
>> exception while configuring main class loader:
>> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/users/russel/lib.Linux.x86_64/Eclipse-3.6/plugins/org.codehaus.groovy_1.8.0.xx-20110507-0800-e36/conf/groovy-starter.conf (No such file or directory)
>>        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>>        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:137)
>>        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:96)
>>        at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GroovyStarter.rootLoader(GroovyStarter.java:88)
>>        at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GroovyStarter.main(GroovyStarter.java:130)
>>
>> As I understand it Eclipse keeps the current and last version which
>> means I don't have the version referred to hence the error.  But why is
>> the latest version referring to this two versions ago version?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Russel.
>> =============================================================================
>> Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:[hidden email]
>> 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]
>> London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder
>>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Is the latest snapshot broken?

Russel Winder
In reply to this post by Andrew Eisenberg
Andrew,

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 08:56 -0700, Andrew Eisenberg wrote:
> When do you get this exception?  When launching your Groovy file as a
> script?  Are you using an existing launch configuration?  The launch
> configuration may have some hard coded paths in it that point to files
> that no longer exist.  So, assuming this is the problem, try deleting
> the launch configuration and creating a new one.

Spot on, great catch.

The offending (!) beastie was in the VM arguments.  Lots of hardwired
absolute paths to files in the GrEclipse plugin directory.

Thanks muchly for debugging this so quickly and efficiently :-)

--
Russel.
=============================================================================
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:[hidden email]
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]
London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder

signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Is the latest snapshot broken?

Andrew Eisenberg
Created this bug report:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1055

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 08:56 -0700, Andrew Eisenberg wrote:
>> When do you get this exception?  When launching your Groovy file as a
>> script?  Are you using an existing launch configuration?  The launch
>> configuration may have some hard coded paths in it that point to files
>> that no longer exist.  So, assuming this is the problem, try deleting
>> the launch configuration and creating a new one.
>
> Spot on, great catch.
>
> The offending (!) beastie was in the VM arguments.  Lots of hardwired
> absolute paths to files in the GrEclipse plugin directory.
>
> Thanks muchly for debugging this so quickly and efficiently :-)
>
> --
> Russel.
> =============================================================================
> Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:[hidden email]
> 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]
> London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email