Lightweight editing for Groovy Eclipse DSL

Lightweight editing for Groovy Eclipse DSL

Wim Jongman
Hi,

We are prototyping a DSL for our Eclipse RCP based product.

As it now seems the case, if we want to offer some kind of script editing capabilities inside our RCP we have to pull in large parts of the ide and its friends.

I was wondering if you think it would be doable to extract e.g. syntax highlighting and code completion and reuse that in a view.

Best regards,

Wim Jongman

Re: Lightweight editing for Groovy Eclipse DSL

Andrew Eisenberg
No.  This will not be possible since the editor and other bits of the
UI are tied to JDT.  The best you can do is pull in JDT and its
dependencies into your RCP app.  Alternatively, you can roll your own
editor with custom syntax highlighting and simple completions.

There is no way to rip out the JDT since we rely on that for
compilation, content assist, search, etc.