Locked up

John Bito
Hello,

Eclipse 4.2SR1 (20120920-0800) has locked up on me a few times editing a Groovy script with 2.7.1.xx-20120921-2000-e42RELEASE. I don't know whether it's specific to GRECLIPSE, but I figured I'd send the thread dump in case someone has a chance to take a look and suggest where I should look for the problem or ask for help.

Thanks!
John

threadDump.txt (40K) Download Attachment

Re: Locked up

Andrew Eisenberg
Hi John,

I don't see anything in particular that relates to greclipse.  Groovy is not mentioned in any of the stack traces.  It looks like the deadlock occurred because you did some sort of clipboard actin (a cut or a copy) in a Java file (or perhaps a groovy file, I can't tell).  At the same time, the java recommenders plugin was doing some reconciling work. Both things asked for the AST at the same time, but neither got it.

So, it looks like the recommenders is the more likely culprit.  If this keeps happening, you could try uninstalling it. Also, see if there is a bug logged for this problem already.