Quantcast

Optional non-jar locking behaviour on Windows

Optional non-jar locking behaviour on Windows

Romain Bioteau
Hi all,
I'm working on an Eclipse RCP application and we struggle with locked jar issue on Windows.
Could you points out how do you use the apache NonLockingClassloader in order to force Eclipse to use this classloader.

Cheers
Romain
--

Romain Bioteau
R&D Developer

BonitaSoft - Open your processes
email : [hidden email]

This message and any attachment (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message by mistake, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any out-spread or disclosure, either as a whole or partially, is prohibited except with formal approval. Internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message, therefore BonitaSoft will not be liable for the message if modified.

Re: Optional non-jar locking behaviour on Windows

Andy Clement
Hi Romain,

you need to enable this property: -Dgreclipse.nonlocking=true

You can set that in the eclipse.ini file or pass it on the command line when launching eclipse.  This will prevent any locks that are normally getting held by the URLClassLoader.  Unfortunately, late in the day (just before release), I discovered some other locks - these are not from URLClassLoader, they are from eclipse infrastructure and locks get taken when editors get opened.  If those locks are your problem, we will need to get that fixed asap.

cheers,
Andy