Plugin often fails to recognize undefined symbols

Plugin often fails to recognize undefined symbols

KARR, DAVID
One thing that's always been reliable in the Java editor view is that I can type the name of a class I intend to use, get the red squiggle and then press the "quick fix" key to get the prompt to add the import for the class.

When I'm editing Groovy source files, it's quite common for that new class reference to not be recognized as a syntax error, so the "quick fix" doesn't give me the import choice.

I imagine this has a lot to do with Groovy's dynamic typing, but it's pretty annoying.  I have to manually enter import statements in Groovy pretty often.

It seems to me that if the plugin isn't going to be able to detect that the symbol needs to be defined, it would be a good idea to add a function to add an import for a symbol, assuming the plugin can figure out what FQCN it refers to.

RE: Plugin often fails to recognize undefined symbols

KARR, DAVID

How about you tell me what function you think that should be executing, along with some explanation of why you think that would matter?  My bindings are different than yours.

Re: Plugin often fails to recognize undefined symbols

Ken Krebs
Organize Imports:  cmd-shift-o on Mac

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 5:38 PM, KARR, DAVID <[hidden email]> wrote:

How about you tell me what function you think that should be executing, along with some explanation of why you think that would matter?  My bindings are different than yours.

RE: Plugin often fails to recognize undefined symbols

KARR, DAVID

You’re telling me to run “organize imports”?  I’m afraid you’ve misunderstood the problem.  This is about the plugin not detecting undefined symbols and offering an import as a quick fix.