Re: [groovy-user] Using Groovy within RCP app

Re: [groovy-user] Using Groovy within RCP app

Groovy-Eclipse itself is an RCP app that uses groovy.  You can look at
the source code to see what we do.  However, you will need to take a
peek at the svn repository, since the pde build parts of the plugins
are not included in source bundles.

Essentially, you need to create a customBuildCallbacks.xml ant script
in your plugin (a template for this is available in your
org.eclipse.pde.build plugin, but you should probably copy from what
we use in Groovy-Eclipse).  You need to add some ant scripts to the
pre.@dot target that will call the groovy.jdtcompile task).

This script will call our Groovy-Eclipse compiler to compile your code
(ie- no stub generation is necessary).

After creating the script, you need to add a line in your
build.properties file so that the pde builder knows to look for your
custom call backs:
customBuildCallbacks=customBuildCallbacks.xml

You can look here in svn to see what we do:
https://svn.codehaus.org/groovy/eclipse/trunk/ide/org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.core

Please let me know if this helps you.

ps- questions about Groovy-Eclipse
[hidden email] mailing list.

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Greg J. McKnight
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello people,
>
> I am trying to export my RCP app to as standalone, using the Eclipse "Export Product" wizard. I have the Eclipse Groovy IDE installed (1.7).
>
> I have one plug-in which has Groovy scripts.
>
> I first realised that something was amiss when I tried to export the product, and I got a "missing required bundle, org.codehaus.groovy" error.
>
> I have hand-crafted a plug-in, which includes the groovy-eclipse.jar bundle (that comes with the groovy eclipse IDE plugin), as explained by another user here on this list.
>
> When I delete the org.codehaus.groovy depedendency, and add my own handcrafted groovy bundle, I can export, but I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when the Groovy class is used.
>
> What do I have to d o to get this going?
>
> What is the current state of the art for Groovy being used within RCP apps? Surely this is a common use-case?

Re: [groovy-user] Using Groovy within RCP app

Andrew Eisenberg
I have never used buckminster, so I would not be able to help you if
you chose to go down that path.  I do know how to get groovy compiling
through pde builds and I can provide further help if you need it.  So,
the choice is up to you.