Re: [groovy-user] enums

Roshan Dawrani
Maybe there is one bug for groovy and one for groovy-eclipse as well (adding groovy-eclipse mail-id here so we can get some feedback from there as well)

--
Roshan
Groovy Project Despot

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 8:07 PM, David Durham <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's not the exception I see in groovy-eclipse, I see all of these,
none of which are the enum.  I'll file a bug though.

Description     Resource        Path    Location        Type
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.engine.grid.ColumnDescriptor(super$1$wait)       ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
6       Java Problem
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.engine.grid.excel.ExcelHTMLDocumentWriter(super$1$wait)  ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
10      Java Problem
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.engine.grid.excel.ExcelHTMLTypeResolver(super$1$wait)    ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
14      Java Problem
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.engine.grid.excel.ExcelOOXMLDocumentWriter(super$1$wait) ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
11      Java Problem
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.engine.grid.excel.ExcelOOXMLTypeResolver(super$1$wait)   ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
21      Java Problem
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.engine.grid.excel.ResolverBase(super$1$wait)     ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
45      Java Problem
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.engine.grid.excel.WriteOOXML(this$2$copyStream)  ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
21      Java Problem
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.engine.grid.excel.XSSFColumnWriter(super$1$wait) ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
99      Java Problem
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.engine.grid.ExporterBase(this$2$getColumnWriter) ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
9       Java Problem
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.model.Export(super$1$wait)       ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
3       Java Problem
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.model.ExportDownload(super$1$wait)       ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
3       Java Problem
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.model.ExportFile(super$1$wait)   ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
3       Java Problem
Groovy:Found unexpected MOP methods in the class node for
export.model.ExportRequest(super$1$wait)        ExportFormat.groovy     /grid-export/src/main/groovy/export/model       line
3       Java Problem

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Roshan Dawrani
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Your example fails with "Caught: BUG! exception in phase 'class generation'
> in source unit 'xxx.groovy' MapEntryExpression should not be visited here",
> which makes it a clear compiler bug.
>
> Please file an issue.
>
> --
> Roshan
> Groovy Project Despot
> http://roshandawrani.wordpress.com/
> http://twitter.com/roshandawrani
>

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM, David Durham <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> can I declare an enum like this:
>>

>> package export.model
>>
>> enum ExportFormat {
>>
>>    EXCEL_OOXML(mime: "application/excel", extension: "xlsx"),
>>    EXCEL_BINARY(mime: "application/excel", extension: "xls"),
>>    EXCEL_HTML(mime: "application/excel", extension: "xls")
>>
>>    String mime
>>    String extension
>> }
>>
>> and not add a constructor?  I'm seeing some errors, but they seem
>> misleading.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dave

Re: [groovy-user] enums

Andrew Eisenberg
In groovy-eclipse, I am not seeing the specific problems that you are
showing, but in the error log, I do see the stack trace that Roshan
mentions.  This looks like the groovy compiler crashed on this code
and therefore the problems markers are not being properly created.

I created:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-859

The Groovy-Eclipse solution may be to just pick up the groovy fix, but
there might be something else going on.