Re: [groovy-user] groovy.eclipse usage in RCP application

Re: [groovy-user] groovy.eclipse usage in RCP application

Andrew Eisenberg
As I mentioned earlier, it looks like the org.codehaus.groovy bundle
is missing from your target environment.  The
jnlp/plugins/groovy-all-1.7.0.jar is not correct.  It must be the
org.codehaus.groovy bundle shipped with Groovy-Eclipse.

Also, please continue this discussion on the
[hidden email] mailing list.

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Roux, Max <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am adding a groovy editor to an RCP application. The groovy.eclipse 2.0
> plug-in adds Groovy 1.7 functionality to eclipse.
>
> Currently the Groovy content is being entered into a SWT Text field, it
> works, but is pretty crude. I modified the code to use the plug-in groovy
> editor and it works fine, much nicer.
>
> The application works great as long as I run it locally from Eclipse.  In
> production the app must be run as a JNLP from a web site.
>
> I've worked through most of the .jar dependencies and modified the ”<jar
> hrefs=…”  in the .jsp file used to launch JNLP.
>

>   <resources>
>
>       …
>
>     <jar href="<struts:write name="adaptor"
> property="contextPath"/>/jnlp/plugins/groovy-all-1.7.0.jar"/>
>
>       …
>
>   </resources>
>
> I get the following error when I try to run the JNLP:
>                          !MESSAGE Missing required bundle
> org.codehaus.groovy_[1.7.0,2.0.0).
>
> I have been unable to find this path in any of the groovy.eclipse plug-in's
> structure.
>
> Any help or suggestions on where I might look would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you in advance
>

> Max
>
> This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential or
> otherwise privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s)
> to which it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not
> immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete
> this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
> secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
> destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender
> therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
> contents of this message or that arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
> If verification is required please request a hard-copy version from the
> sender. SOURCECORP, Incorporated www.srcp.com

Re: [groovy-user] groovy.eclipse usage in RCP application

Andrew Eisenberg
I'm not sure how jnlps work, but I do know that the
org.codehaus.groovy bundle is an unpacked bundle (ie- it is not a
single jar, but rather a folder).  This means that the entire folder
must be exported and available to the osgi runtime that uses it, but
it looks like you are not doing that (again, I may be misunderstanding
how jnlps work).  You need to make sure that the MANIFEST.MF and
plugin.xml files are available as well.  It does not seem like you are
doing that.