Regarding GRECLIPSE-1037

Stephen Joyner
If there is some extra debugging info you guys could put into one of
the next snapshots that you roll out that could help me debug my issue
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1037 I would be happy to try
to help trace down this problem. Currently my work is significantly
hampered because of this bug so I'm pretty motivated to get you guys
the help you need in solving this one. Please let me know how I can be
of assistance.

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: Regarding GRECLIPSE-1037

Andy Clement
Hi Stephen,

The absolute fastest way to get that resolved is to share your project
with me - if that is at all possible - and tell me the steps to
reproduce.  I can add some more debug information but as I have
absolutely no idea what is causing it, I'll probably have to add quite
a lot of it.

cheers
Andy

On 23 May 2011 08:22, Stephen Joyner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If there is some extra debugging info you guys could put into one of
> the next snapshots that you roll out that could help me debug my issue
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1037 I would be happy to try
> to help trace down this problem. Currently my work is significantly
> hampered because of this bug so I'm pretty motivated to get you guys
> the help you need in solving this one. Please let me know how I can be
> of assistance.
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen

Re: Regarding GRECLIPSE-1037

Adam Lister
This is a tricky one... This bug was originally created from a request I
sent.  Our code here is confidential so sharing it just wasn't an
option.  What I tried to do was to narrow down our codebase to try and
isolate what exactly was causing it.  But, every time I did this, I
wasn't able to reproduce the error anymore.  Is it possible this is
happening only for very large projects ? (ours is quite large)  Is there
some sort of concurrency behavior while compiling?  The bug was so
crippling for my project that I had to switch to intellij to continue
working, so I've sort of given up on it.

On 05/23/2011 11:31 AM, Andy Clement wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> The absolute fastest way to get that resolved is to share your project
> with me - if that is at all possible - and tell me the steps to
> reproduce.  I can add some more debug information but as I have
> absolutely no idea what is causing it, I'll probably have to add quite
> a lot of it.
>
> cheers
> Andy
>
> On 23 May 2011 08:22, Stephen Joyner<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> If there is some extra debugging info you guys could put into one of
>> the next snapshots that you roll out that could help me debug my issue
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1037 I would be happy to try
>> to help trace down this problem. Currently my work is significantly
>> hampered because of this bug so I'm pretty motivated to get you guys
>> the help you need in solving this one. Please let me know how I can be
>> of assistance.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Stephen

Adam Lister
Software Engineer
Online Banking Solutions
Tel: 404-526-6051   |   Cell: 617-935-6900
75 5th Street Suite 322   |   Atlanta, GA  30308

Internet Email Confidentiality
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message
and/or its attachment(s). They are the property of Online Banking
Solutions. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy
this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise
immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for
messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in
this message that do not relate to the official business of the company
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Re: Regarding GRECLIPSE-1037

Andy Clement
On 23 May 2011 09:57, Adam Lister
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is a tricky one... This bug was originally created from a request I
> sent.  Our code here is confidential so sharing it just wasn't an option.

Perfectly understandable.

>  What I tried to do was to narrow down our codebase to try and isolate what
> exactly was causing it.  But, every time I did this, I wasn't able to
> reproduce the error anymore.  Is it possible this is happening only for very
> large projects ? (ours is quite large)

Unlikely to be the fact that it is large, more likely that the larger
the codebase the more chance it is to have the 'whatever it is'
characteristic.

> Is there some sort of concurrency behavior while compiling?

I don't believe it is concurrency, I think it is reentrancy.

If anyone can give me a project, of whatever size, that shows the
problem - that would be the fastest way to get it addressed.

cheers
Andy

> On 05/23/2011 11:31 AM, Andy Clement wrote:
>>
>> Hi Stephen,
>>
>> The absolute fastest way to get that resolved is to share your project
>> with me - if that is at all possible - and tell me the steps to
>> reproduce.  I can add some more debug information but as I have
>> absolutely no idea what is causing it, I'll probably have to add quite
>> a lot of it.
>>
>> cheers
>> Andy
>>
>> On 23 May 2011 08:22, Stephen Joyner<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> If there is some extra debugging info you guys could put into one of
>>> the next snapshots that you roll out that could help me debug my issue
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1037 I would be happy to try
>>> to help trace down this problem. Currently my work is significantly
>>> hampered because of this bug so I'm pretty motivated to get you guys
>>> the help you need in solving this one. Please let me know how I can be
>>> of assistance.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Stephen

> Adam Lister
> Software Engineer
> Online Banking Solutions
> Tel: 404-526-6051   |   Cell: 617-935-6900
> 75 5th Street Suite 322   |   Atlanta, GA  30308
>
> Internet Email Confidentiality
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message
> and/or its attachment(s). They are the property of Online Banking
> Solutions. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
> responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not
> copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy
> this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise
> immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for
> messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in
> this message that do not relate to the official business of the company
> shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Re: Regarding GRECLIPSE-1037

Stephen Joyner
I would love to give you access to our project, only I don't think I
would ever be able to convince our suits give that kind of access.
Let me see if I can figure some way to present it that might be
acceptable.

I don't suppose there is any extra information you can add to the
catch block for that specific error that might give me line number or
context information?

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Andy Clement <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> The absolute fastest way to get that resolved is to share your project
> with me - if that is at all possible - and tell me the steps to
> reproduce.  I can add some more debug information but as I have
> absolutely no idea what is causing it, I'll probably have to add quite
> a lot of it.
>
> cheers
> Andy
>
> On 23 May 2011 08:22, Stephen Joyner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If there is some extra debugging info you guys could put into one of
>> the next snapshots that you roll out that could help me debug my issue
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1037 I would be happy to try
>> to help trace down this problem. Currently my work is significantly
>> hampered because of this bug so I'm pretty motivated to get you guys
>> the help you need in solving this one. Please let me know how I can be
>> of assistance.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Stephen

Re: Regarding GRECLIPSE-1037