Repeated Eclipse errors in Groovy test classes

Repeated Eclipse errors in Groovy test classes

Matthew Passell
I just updated the Groovy Eclipse plugin from the e3.7 snapshot update site in three different environments (shame on me for doing them all at once!) and I'm now seeing weird Eclipse errors in numerous Groovy test classes.  I'm getting messages in the Error Log with the following subject

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.resources".

and stacktraces like this:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassNode.addPropertyWithoutField(Lorg/codehaus/groovy/ast/PropertyNode;)V
    at org.codehaus.jdt.groovy.internal.compiler.ast.JDTClassNode.initializeProperties(JDTClassNode.java:543)
    at org.codehaus.jdt.groovy.internal.compiler.ast.JDTClassNode.ensurePropertiesInitialized(JDTClassNode.java:526)
    at org.codehaus.jdt.groovy.internal.compiler.ast.JDTClassNode.getProperties(JDTClassNode.java:621)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.VariableScopeVisitor.findClassMember(VariableScopeVisitor.java:176)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.VariableScopeVisitor.findClassMember(VariableScopeVisitor.java:180)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.VariableScopeVisitor.checkVariableNameForDeclaration(VariableScopeVisitor.java:241)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.VariableScopeVisitor.visitMethodCallExpression(VariableScopeVisitor.java:505)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.expr.MethodCallExpression.visit(MethodCallExpression.java:75)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.CodeVisitorSupport.visitExpressionStatement(CodeVisitorSupport.java:69)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.visitExpressionStatement(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:209)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.stmt.ExpressionStatement.visit(ExpressionStatement.java:40)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.CodeVisitorSupport.visitBlockStatement(CodeVisitorSupport.java:35)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.visitBlockStatement(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:179)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.VariableScopeVisitor.visitBlockStatement(VariableScopeVisitor.java:312)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.stmt.BlockStatement.visit(BlockStatement.java:69)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.visitClassCodeContainer(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:102)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.VariableScopeVisitor.visitConstructorOrMethod(VariableScopeVisitor.java:490)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.visitMethod(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:124)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassNode.visitContents(ClassNode.java:1170)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.visitClass(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:51)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.VariableScopeVisitor.visitClass(VariableScopeVisitor.java:473)

Oddly enough, they seem to be cropping up for different test classes in the different environments, including at least one class that's basically empty.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Repeated Eclipse errors in Groovy test classes

Andy Clement
Hi Matt,

This has just been fixed - next snapshot should not have the problem.

Andy

On 18 July 2012 14:25, Matt Passell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>>     at
>>> org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.visitMethod(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:124)
>>>     at
>>> org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassNode.visitContents(ClassNode.java:1170)
>>>     at
>>> org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.visitClass(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:51)
>>>     at
>>> org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.VariableScopeVisitor.visitClass(VariableScopeVisitor.java:473)
>>>
>>> Oddly enough, they seem to be cropping up for different test classes in
>>> the different environments, including at least one class that's basically
>>> empty.  Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Matt

Re: Repeated Eclipse errors in Groovy test classes

Thanks!

--Matt

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Andy Clement <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>>     at
>>> org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.VariableScopeVisitor.visitConstructorOrMethod(VariableScopeVisitor.java:490)
>>>     at
>>> org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.visitMethod(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:124)
>>>     at
>>> org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassNode.visitContents(ClassNode.java:1170)
>>>     at
>>> org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.visitClass(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:51)
>>>     at
>>> org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.VariableScopeVisitor.visitClass(VariableScopeVisitor.java:473)
>>>
>>> Oddly enough, they seem to be cropping up for different test classes in
>>> the different environments, including at least one class that's basically

>>> Matt