Should "Ctrl+o" (quick outline) work in Groovy classes?

Should "Ctrl+o" (quick outline) work in Groovy classes?

KARR, DAVID
For some reason, I'm now seeing that pressing Ctrl+o (quick outline) in Groovy classes is doing nothing.  In fact, it appears that key is unbound.  It still works fine in Java files, but does nothing in Groovy files.  I thought this worked before, but I don't know for sure.  Should this work?  I tried editing the key binding for "Quick Outline", but nothing I tried made any difference.

RE: Should "Ctrl+o" (quick outline) work in Groovy classes?

KARR, DAVID

I'm seeing a similar problem with Ctrl+L (go-to-line).  It works fine in my Java views, and does nothing in Groovy files.

Also note that although I can't get the "quick outline", the regular outline view is working fine.

Something weird happened to my bindings.

RE: Should "Ctrl+o" (quick outline) work in Groovy classes?

KARR, DAVID

Is there anyone who can help me with this?  My Groovy views are severaly handicapped.  I filed a ticket for this, at: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1833 .

I'm seeing this in STS 3.6.4, which is Eclipse 4.4.2.  I was able to install a fresh copy of Luna, and I'm not seeing those symptoms, but that instance is getting weird errors in the Gradle plugin.

Re: Should "Ctrl+o" (quick outline) work in Groovy classes?

Andy Clement
This problem occurred previously too (a while ago), i don’t recall the fix but if you have a look through old fixed issues you might see it and recognize the cause. As mentioned on the other thread, could be worth raising issues at github now, with codehaus going away.

Andy

Got it.  That helps.  I'll go through the existing issues.

I can't find it in the first 5 pages of resolved issues, or with "key" or "binding" in the description.  Any other clues you can give?

I was probably thinking of this one: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1709 but no useful info in there.

I looked again at your 1833. Not sure - I just fired up STS 3.6.4 (Luna) and GGTS 3.6.4 (Luna), installed the latest greclipse snapshot on both and the outline is fine (that is 2.9.2.xx-201503271659-e44). Those ‘undefined commands’ look suspect in your log output.  Did you try another fresh STS to see if it was just that installation that is having problems?

cheers,
Andy