Should the unused imports get underlined?

Should the unused imports get underlined?

me2stk
Hi all,

When a colleague of mine changes a groovy file with IDEA, IDEA underlines the unused imports, and then my colleague eventually removes them. Such changes distract the concentration later in the diff.

Does it make sense to underline the unused imports in the Groovy Editor, like in Java, and is there a chance that this gets implemented in the next release?

Regards,
Mitko

Re: Should the unused imports get underlined?

Andrew Eisenberg
It is unlikely that this feature could get into the 2.5.2 release,
which is due for the end of September, but it is something we can
consider for a future release.  It would help if you could raise a
feature request on jira.

I could imagine hooking this functionality up to the same job that
performs the underlining.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 5:31 AM, Mitko Kolev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When a colleague of mine changes a groovy file with IDEA, IDEA underlines
> the unused imports, and then my colleague eventually removes them. Such
> changes distract the concentration later in the diff.
>
> Does it make sense to underline the unused imports in the Groovy Editor,
> like in Java, and is there a chance that this gets implemented in the next
> release?
>
> Regards,
> Mitko

Re: Should the unused imports get underlined?

me2stk
Feature request created
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
It is unlikely that this feature could get into the 2.5.2 release,
which is due for the end of September, but it is something we can
consider for a future release.  It would help if you could raise a
feature request on jira.

I could imagine hooking this functionality up to the same job that
performs the underlining.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 5:31 AM, Mitko Kolev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When a colleague of mine changes a groovy file with IDEA, IDEA underlines
> the unused imports, and then my colleague eventually removes them. Such
> changes distract the concentration later in the diff.
>
> Does it make sense to underline the unused imports in the Groovy Editor,
> like in Java, and is there a chance that this gets implemented in the next
> release?
>
> Regards,
> Mitko

Re: Should the unused imports get underlined?

Andrew Eisenberg
thanks.