Unable to resolve class xxx

Andre Steingress-2
Hello,

I have a question regarding the "Unable to resolve class xxx, unable to find class for annotation" message.

I am running GGTS 3.2.0 and added GContracts 1.2.10 to the build-path inside a plain Groovy project. Whenever I use one of the provided third-party annotations like @Requires, @Ensures etc. the following error message appears:

Groovy:class Requires is not an annotation in @Requires
Groovy:unable to resolve class Request , unable to find class for annotation

The jar is certainly on the build-path and I can run the program without errors.

Where can I look for details about the underlying error? Had a quick look at the error log in the plugin perspective, but nothing found there.

Re: Unable to resolve class xxx

Andrew Eisenberg
Not sure where this error is coming from.  Make sure that you have a
compliance level >= 1.5.

* Did you only start seeing this after upgrading to 3.2.0?
* Can you send over a project that is failing?

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM, Andre Steingress
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question regarding the "Unable to resolve class xxx, unable to find
> class for annotation" message.
>
> I am running GGTS 3.2.0 and added GContracts 1.2.10 to the build-path inside
> a plain Groovy project. Whenever I use one of the provided third-party
> annotations like @Requires, @Ensures etc. the following error message
> appears:
>
> Groovy:class Requires is not an annotation in @Requires
> Groovy:unable to resolve class Request , unable to find class for annotation
>
> The jar is certainly on the build-path and I can run the program without
> errors.
>
> Where can I look for details about the underlying error? Had a quick look at
> the error log in the plugin perspective, but nothing found there.
>
> Cheers, André
>
> --
> Andre Steingress
>
> https://www.vizify.com/andre-steingress
>
> http://blog.andresteingress.com
> http://github.com/andresteingress

Re: Unable to resolve class xxx

Andre Steingress-2
Turns out it has been my mistake. I had the DSLD packaged in the jar and the same DSLD copied in the sample projects source folder. Removed the copy from the source folder and now the error is gone.

Thanks for your help,

Cheers, André