Updating Maven Dependencies with Groovy Plugin Clears 'Referenced Libraries'

Updating Maven Dependencies with Groovy Plugin Clears 'Referenced Libraries'

Paul Wilson
Hi,

I have a Maven Java project with 'Groovy Nature' applied. My project references lots of external JAR libraries and references another maven project in my workspace but with 'Enable Workspace Resolution' disabled. Whenever I want to update the in-workspace maven project I hit 'Update Dependencies...' which appears to clear all my referenced JARs (leaving JRE System Library, Maven Dependencies, Groovy DSL Support and Groovy Libraries intact).

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Paul

Re: Updating Maven Dependencies with Groovy Plugin Clears 'Referenced Libraries'

Andrew Eisenberg
This is not a bug.  This is how m2eclipse works and is independent of
Groovy-Eclipse.  m2eclipse controls your classpath and assumes that
all referenced jars are described inside of the pom.  You need to
remove the referenced jars from your Eclipse classpath and add them as
dependencies inside of your pom.xml.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 4:18 AM, Paul Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Maven Java project with 'Groovy Nature' applied. My project
> references lots of external JAR libraries and references another maven
> project in my workspace but with 'Enable Workspace Resolution' disabled.
> Whenever I want to update the in-workspace maven project I hit 'Update
> Dependencies...' which appears to clear all my referenced JARs (leaving JRE
> System Library, Maven Dependencies, Groovy DSL Support and Groovy Libraries
> intact).
>
> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Regards,
> Paul

Re: Updating Maven Dependencies with Groovy Plugin Clears 'Referenced Libraries'

Paul Wilson
Okay - thanks.