Use of Eclipse Plugin with a JEditPane

Pruteanu Dragos
Hi,

Is it possible to use the eclipse plugin code with a JEditPane for simple groovy scripts ?
I intend to use it for a simple database tool. Groovy should be used similar with PLSQL.

What I need is more or less the features like auto-complete and syntax highlighting.
Maybe there is a simple way to approach this features.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Dragos Pruteanu

Dragos Pruteanu

Re: Use of Eclipse Plugin with a JEditPane

Pruteanu Dragos

Is there no way to execute main features just on Strings ? Like to pass the groovy script as string and get back the auto-complition list as some objects ?
Same for text formatting for example ?

It would be a major benefit to use the code outside Eclipse, like in a Notepad or something simple
Most of the databases doesn't have PLSQL support.
Groovy is great, but nobody wants to start Eclipse for a very basic script.
There are many database administrators which would enjoy using it, but is almost imposible to convince them to start working with Eclipse.