Variants of Groovy

Russel Winder-3
I think I must be missing something very, very obvious...

I want to use Groovy 2.0.0 usually, but for specific projects I need to
use Groovy 1.8.6. There appears to be no per project setting of the
version of Groovy. Is this as it should be? It would mean having to use
multiple workspaces and that is something I really don't want to be
doing.

Thanks.

--
Russel.

Re: Variants of Groovy

Renato Garcia
I agree, per project compiler setting would be nice.

On 16/05/12 19:26, Russel Winder wrote:

> I think I must be missing something very, very obvious...
>
> I want to use Groovy 2.0.0 usually, but for specific projects I need to
> use Groovy 1.8.6. There appears to be no per project setting of the
> version of Groovy. Is this as it should be? It would mean having to use
> multiple workspaces and that is something I really don't want to be
> doing.
>
> Thanks.

Re: Variants of Groovy

Andrew Eisenberg
You will need to use two workspaces.  Due to the way the compiler is
used inside of Eclipse,  it is not possible to load multiple instances
of the compiler AST classes.

See here for a bit more of a discussion on why:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1196

Your best bet is to use command line arguments to set the compiler
level.  See here:
http://groovy.codehaus.org/Compiler+Switching+within+Groovy-Eclipse