Why doesn't Groovy editor suggest reasonable quick-fix completions for "underlined" symbols?

Why doesn't Groovy editor suggest reasonable quick-fix completions for "underlined" symbols?

KARR, DAVID
I'm writing my first Gradle plugin, using Eclipse Kepler.  As far as I can tell, I have the latest Groovy and Gradle plugins.

There are issues with Gradle tooling that won't be addressed for a few months, but I'm seeing issues with just Groovy.  Besides this being my first Gradle plugin, I haven't really done much with Groovy classes either (although I've written a handful of Groovy scripts).

I also don't quite understand the difference between when Eclipse puts a red wavy line underneath a class, and when it puts an underline.  I'm used to red wavy lines in Java classes, but the underline appears to be something the Groovy plugin is doing.  I'm guessing it means something like "I'm not sure if this is undefined or not".

The main issue is with "quick fix".

I'm finding that if I type the name of a class that isn't imported yet, and then do "quick fix", whether it gives me reasonable completions depends on whether I have a red wavy line or an underline.  If it's a red wavy line, I get reasonable choices, including the target class.  If it's an underline, I get no classes at all.

In either case, if I just manually add the import statement, it resolves.

winmail.dat (5K) Download Attachment