code completion for upper case properties

code completion for upper case properties

Jayet, Patrick
Hi all,

In our project we are using the extension point completionProposalFilter of Greclipse for tuning which proposal we are showing in the IDE. That is working very well and is quite useful for a DSL. Thanks to all that have implemented it!

I have noticed a small bug with respect to proposals for a border case. When I define a property in upper case, e.g.

  class A {
    int FOO = 1
    static int BAR = 2
  }

  println new A().// ctrl + space

then I get the proposal for the property fOO. If I take it, I get a runtime exception that such a property 'fOO' does not exist. It works correctly if I write 'FOO', so I suppose that the proposal is not right. A static property (like BAR in the example) behaves the same.

Is it a known problem?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,

Patrick

P.S. I am using Greclipse version 2.1.2.

Re: code completion for upper case properties

Andrew Eisenberg
Looks like there is a problem with the way we are converting to a
property-like name.  Presumably, both FOO and fOO are available...

This is a bug and I raised
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1063 to track it.  If you
have any desire to contribute to the project, then this would be a
nice bug to work on.  I believe that the solution is fairly straight
forward, but I may not be able to get to it for a few days.

--a