dsld wormhole

Skeptic .

Hi,

In my dsl, several constructs declare variables in different scopes, I figured how to use the wormhole to bind them as property (for those in global scope), but I got serious performance issues (delays before syntax highlighting take effect, eclipse hanging, etc.)

Any hints / comments would be helpful.

Thanks.

Re: dsld wormhole

Andrew Eisenberg
If you are not careful, DSLDs can cause performance problems while
editing.  The reason is that DSLDs do not try to cache much
information and have to recompute the universe every time they run.
If you send over your dsld, I'll take a look and provide some
suggestions.

There are some situations where it's simply not appropriate to use
dslds, eg- when a DSL requires calculating lots of global state.  When
the performance of your dsld is not going well, your next best bet is
to create an actual eclipse plugin that can make more precise use of
APIs.