getTest and eachLine deprecated?

Mauro Zallocco-3
Hello.

I have upgraded my groovy eclipse plugin to the latest from:
http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/greclipse/snapshot/e3.7/
and started using groovy 2.0 compiler.

With the following code:

File f = new File("fred")
String text = f.getText()
f.eachLine{
}

I see that getText and eachLine is displayed with strikethrough
indicating that these are deprecated.
Is this expected?

/Mauro

Re: getTest and eachLine deprecated?

Andrew Eisenberg
Hmmm...this is a bug

What's happening is that the eachLine and getText methods have moved
from DefaultGroovyMethods to ResourceGroovyMethods.  For inferencing,
we are picking up the variant coming from DGM, not RGM.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Mauro Zallocco <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have upgraded my groovy eclipse plugin to the latest from:
> http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/greclipse/snapshot/e3.7/
> and started using groovy 2.0 compiler.
>
> With the following code:
>
> File f = new File("fred")
> String text = f.getText()
> f.eachLine{
> }
>
> I see that getText and eachLine is displayed with strikethrough
> indicating that these are deprecated.
> Is this expected?
>
> /Mauro

Re: getTest and eachLine deprecated?