groovy editor

fachhoch
some time doing organize imports  in eclipse  adds import on top  of my package declaration,  and most of the times  if there is any typo or anything wrong I donot get the error message and also pressing f3 on an object does not open   the file is  this known issue   or something is wrong with    my eclipse.

Re: groovy editor

Andrew Eisenberg
That's right.  The editor is based on the groovy parser.  Currently,
error recovery on bad syntax is not very good.  We tend to fix the
situations as they occur.  This bug report has a listing of parsing
problems that we have addressed or are considering addressing:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-468

It would be helpful if you could contribute to this list. Are there
common situations for you where the parser breaks and you would like
to do an organize imports operation or navigation?

Please reply to this message or to the jira issue.

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM, tubin gen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> some time doing organize imports  in eclipse  adds import on top  of my
> package declaration,  and most of the times  if there is any typo or
> anything wrong I donot get the error message and also pressing f3 on an
> object does not open   the file is  this known issue   or something is wrong
> with    my eclipse.

Re: groovy editor

fachhoch
One thing I noticed is when ever there is error  in my groovy code ,f3  to open class does not work, and it stops highlighting the line which has error.
so   from then on its like typing in a text editor.
Its really hard to type code in this case , becasue of  strange errors and  any runtime exceptions will be really hard to track , is there any alternative solution ?

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's right.  The editor is based on the groovy parser.  Currently,
error recovery on bad syntax is not very good.  We tend to fix the
situations as they occur.  This bug report has a listing of parsing
problems that we have addressed or are considering addressing:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-468

It would be helpful if you could contribute to this list. Are there
common situations for you where the parser breaks and you would like
to do an organize imports operation or navigation?

Please reply to this message or to the jira issue.

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM, tubin gen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> some time doing organize imports  in eclipse  adds import on top  of my
> package declaration,  and most of the times  if there is any typo or
> anything wrong I donot get the error message and also pressing f3 on an
> object does not open   the file is  this known issue   or something is wrong
> with    my eclipse.

Re: groovy editor

As I mentioned, the solution is to paste some code here that shows the
error that you are talking about.  What exactly is the syntax error
that is giving you grief?  We try to fix these parser recovery
problems as they come up.