groovy plugin for Eclipse Luna(4.4)?

Stephen Joyner
Is there an eta when the groovy plugin will be released for luna?

I can't find an update site to point to for 4.4.

--
Stephen Joyner I Senior Developer
Integrity Digital Solutions

Notice of Confidentiality:

This email communication and any attachments included with this email are intended solely for the information and use of the addressee(s) identified above and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Accordingly, if a recipient of this email is not an addressee (or an authorized representative of an addressee), such recipient is advised that any review, disclosure, reproduction, re-transmission or other dissemination or use of this email (or any information contained in or with this email) is strictly prohibited. If you are not an addressee and/or have received this email in error, please advise the sender of that circumstance by reply email, immediately delete this email, including any attachments, from any computer and destroy all physical copies of the same. Unless expressly stated in this email, nothing in this message from the sender is to be construed as a digital or electronic signature.

RE: groovy plugin for Eclipse Luna(4.4)?

Skeptic .
Have you decided if 2.9 will drop support for Indigo ?

Re: groovy plugin for Eclipse Luna(4.4)?

Andy Clement
The 3.7 builds appear to be behaving right now so it will probably be still usable on there:

But we do no extra testing on that level beyond what the automated tests do. If it works great, if it becomes too difficult to keep the builds behaving, it'll likely get dropped.

cheers,
Andy

On 10 July 2014 13:57, Skeptic . <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

GGTS was released with a version of groovy-eclipse in it that included groovy 2.3.3 - since that version of groovy is compatible with the included grails level.

> Basically I would like to be able to use the groovy plugin in a regular eclipse build rather than
> having the added grails tooling that I don't need. Do you have a comment on when the update site might be active?

I guess you are asking about release builds? Because the snapshots builds have always been available in the same place: http://dist.springsource.org/snapshot/GRECLIPSE/e4.4/

GGTS only included an almost final snapshot of the groovy eclipse 2.9.0 release. It did not include the final release. There is not much of a distinction from our point of view, so we don't make a big deal about it. The only difference between a release and a snapshot is the build tag.

Feel free to install the snapshot, but if you must wait for a release build it will be in the next few days (tomorrow or next week). We were waiting on GGTS to go out before constructing it. If you look at the groovy eclipse wiki pages you will see the documentation is being prepared for the release.

cheers,
Andy

On 17 July 2014 14:44, Stephen Joyner <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks, works great!

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Andy Clement <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

This email communication and any attachments included with this email are intended solely for the information and use of the addressee(s) identified above and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Accordingly, if a recipient of this email is not an addressee (or an authorized representative of an addressee), such recipient is advised that any review, disclosure, reproduction, re-transmission or other dissemination or use of this email (or any information contained in or with this email) is strictly prohibited. If you are not an addressee and/or have received this email in error, please advise the sender of that circumstance by reply email, immediately delete this email, including any attachments, from any computer and destroy all physical copies of the same. Unless expressly stated in this email, nothing in this message from the sender is to be construed as a digital or electronic signature.

Syntax highlighting extension point activation only for DSL files

Maxime HAMM
Hello

Can you please have a look to this Jira I posted few days ago ?

Thank you !
Maxime

Re: Syntax highlighting extension point activation only for DSL files

Kris De Volder
Hi Maxim,

I took a quick look at the issue but I'm afraid I don't understand. At this point you, using the DSLD support, probably understand better how the DSLD stuff works then us.
Andrew was the one who built this and really understands it, but he doesn't work on Greclipse anymore.

What I'm trying to say is, you may need to explain things in more detail for us to be able to really understand what the problem is you are experiencing.

Kris