"Basic" editor functions sometimes not working

"Basic" editor functions sometimes not working

Peter Niederwieser
Administrator
On our new project, we again have the problem that "basic" editor functions (navigate to type under cursor, method completion on typed variable, etc.) quite often don't work. This time not for Spock specs but for regular Groovy classes. We are using the latest Groovy Eclipse plugin (update didn't show anything new). Is this a known state of affairs? Could it be that the single Spock spec that we currently have in the project causes problems even when working on unrelated production code?

Cheers,
Peter

Re: "Basic" editor functions sometimes not working

Andrew Eisenberg
It is possible, but hard to say.  Is there any way that you can share some code?

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Peter Niederwieser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On our new project, we again have the problem that "basic" editor functions
> (navigate to type under cursor, method completion on typed variable, etc.)
> quite often don't work. This time not for Spock specs but for regular Groovy
> classes. We are using the latest Groovy Eclipse plugin (update didn't show
> anything new). Is this a known state of affairs? Could it be that the single
> Spock spec that we currently have in the project causes problems even when
> working on unrelated production code?
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

AW: [groovy-eclipse-plugin-user] "Basic" editor functions sometimes not working

Jayet, Patrick
I have noticed the same thing here. The Groovy editor suddenly stops working wrt showing proper code completion, navigating to type, etc. I have not taken the time so far to analyze it further though.

Cheers,
Patrick

P.S. Also using latest stable release of Greclipse (2.0.2)

Re: "Basic" editor functions sometimes not working

Andrew Eisenberg
Patrick,

As Peter suggested (and I am inclined to believe), this may have
something to do with ast transforms somehow breaking the behavior of
the editor.  If you would like to look for the root cause of this, I'd
suggest seeing if you could trace it back to AST transforms.  Also, if
you can send me a failing project, I can have a look at it and trace
the problem myself.

--a