reserved keywords

Aurélien Pupier
Hi,

it seems that the reserved keywpords of Groovy is : http://groovy.codehaus.org/Reserved+Words

In the Groovy Editor (from GRECLIPSE), the word "test" also seems to be reserved as it is syntaxically colored.
Is it dependent on the Groovy Editor? Is it really reserved?

Is there a method to retrieve the list of reserved keywords?

Regards,

Aurelien Pupier

Re: reserved keywords

Andrew Eisenberg
test is colored because it is often used in special situations, but it
is not a reserved word.

If you are interested in the list of keywords, you can look at the
source code.  See:
http://svn.codehaus.org/groovy/eclipse/trunk/ide/org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.ui/src/org/codehaus/groovy/eclipse/editor/GroovyTagScanner.java

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:01 AM, Aurélien Pupier

> it seems that the reserved keywpords of Groovy is
> : http://groovy.codehaus.org/Reserved+Words
>
> In the Groovy Editor (from GRECLIPSE), the word "test" also seems to be
> reserved as it is syntaxically colored.
> Is it dependent on the Groovy Editor? Is it really reserved?
>
> Is there a method to retrieve the list of reserved keywords?
>
> Regards,
>
> Aurelien Pupier

Re: reserved keywords

Aurélien Pupier
thanks for your answer.

Another thing, I thought that all java keywords will be also groovy keywords.
But it seems that "strictfp" (ok I never heard of it before I interested in these things) is a java reserved words but not a groovy one. Why is it the case?

Regards

2010/3/1 Andrew Eisenberg <[hidden email]>
test is colored because it is often used in special situations, but it
is not a reserved word.

If you are interested in the list of keywords, you can look at the
source code.  See:
http://svn.codehaus.org/groovy/eclipse/trunk/ide/org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.ui/src/org/codehaus/groovy/eclipse/editor/GroovyTagScanner.java

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:01 AM, Aurélien Pupier

> it seems that the reserved keywpords of Groovy is
> : http://groovy.codehaus.org/Reserved+Words
>
> In the Groovy Editor (from GRECLIPSE), the word "test" also seems to be
> reserved as it is syntaxically colored.
> Is it dependent on the Groovy Editor? Is it really reserved?
>
> Is there a method to retrieve the list of reserved keywords?
>
> Regards,
>
> Aurelien Pupier

Re: reserved keywords

Andrew Eisenberg
That is a bug.  Earlier versions of groovy did not accept strictfp as
a keyword, but it does now.  Groovy-Eclipse has not been updated to
reflect this.