run as groovy application not totally removed

run as groovy application not totally removed

wolfmanjm
Hi,

I just upgraded to RC1 from M2, and I notice that the run as groovy application was removed, however
it did not remove it from the Run Configurations... menu, which causes a lot of problems when you
open that dialog. (Crashes etc). Especially as I had a few projects configured to use it.

I understand that using run as Java application will work now for a groovy app.

After uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, I was able to open that dialog without crashes,
however there is still an option there to create a groovy application runner. How can I remove it?

(It just puts up an error dialog if it is used).

Thanks

Re: run as groovy application not totally removed

Andrew Eisenberg
Hi Jim,

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll have a look at this when I get a
chance (probably not until Tuesday).  I'll probably have to respin the
build and make an RC2.

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Jim Morris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded to RC1 from M2, and I notice that the run as groovy
> application was removed, however it did not remove it from the Run
> Configurations... menu, which causes a lot of problems when you open that
> dialog. (Crashes etc). Especially as I had a few projects configured to use
> it.
>
> I understand that using run as Java application will work now for a groovy
> app.
>
> After uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, I was able to open that
> dialog without crashes, however there is still an option there to create a
> groovy application runner. How can I remove it?
>
> (It just puts up an error dialog if it is used).
>
> Thanks

Re: run as groovy application not totally removed

Andrew Eisenberg
RC2 is now available and it addresses your problem (same update
site(s)).  Unfortunately, all of the old Groovy App launch configs
will be removed, but they can be recreated as Java App launch configs.